Monday, April 25, 2011

Why I started making soaps and stuff

I have always liked soap, I grew up having soaps in my draw.
Everytime I go to a Farmers market, or a gift store and I see, those yummy smelling cold processed soaps I wanted one, but always felt to guilty to splurge, since we live on one income( and it's not a CEO one, for sure).

I googled CP soaps and got to scared, after reading things like,fumes, burns,blind,DANGER and stuff, especially being clumsy and hyper like me.So I started with some melt and pour soap,which is fun, but it wasn't that special soap from the market.
I than started reading up on cp soaps, everything I could find, watched videos...and gave it a try.
No I'm hooked,my new addiction besides eating to much sugar........
There is nothing more fun, than creating something with your own hands.....
I also love to garden, and planing on a lot of Calendula and Lavender, which I already have in the yard. 
Here is my first soap...almond/honey with an attempted swirl..not to bad for my first batch, I think.
The one with the dark things on top, was my second one,hazelnut/vanilla yumm
and the third one I tried some lard soap, suppose to be very mild and creamy.We will see, it's still in it's curing stage..............and smells devine like oakmoss/amber



No comments:

Post a Comment